Back Pain Treatment at Cheuvront Clinic of Chiropractic & Sports Medicine
Many people complain of an aching back from time to time. It’s nothing to ignore. At Cheuvront Clinic of Chiropractic & Sports Medicine, we provide comprehensive support to patients struggling with all types of back pain. Whether from injury or disease, our chiropractic team can help you to find the best possible treatment and pain relief for back pain.
Different Types of Back Pain Your Chiropractor in Matthews Can Help You With
Where does your back hurt? Most commonly, back pain is localized. When you talk to your chiropractor in Matthews, you’ll get a physical to provide more details. It may occur in the lower back, the upper back, or the mid-back. In all cases, it’s important to recognize where it hurts, when it hurts, and why it does. At the same time, recognize that the back is made up of complex components including many nerves, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. The pain you feel can be caused by any number of underlying health concerns.
The specific type of pain you feel also matters.
- Axial pain is one of the most common forms. This type of pain tends to be dull or sharp. It can also be constant or it can come and go. The most common cause of this pain is a muscle strain.
- Radicular pain is a deeper pain. It is often described as searing. It stems from the nerves. That’s why it often seems to be running down your arm or leg. This type of pain may also have numbness or weakness. It’s often brought on by some type of compression or inflammation of the nerve.
- Referred pain is an aching type of pain. It hurts to move this pain and the severity can change. Degenerative disc disease is a common cause of this pain.
To obtain lower back pain relief or relief from shoulder pain, upper back pain, or mid-back pain, we need to understand the underlying cause.
Common Causes of Back Pain
The most common causes of back pain include:
- Misalignment of the spinal column causing nerve damage, such as sciatica
- Muscle strain or damage
- Herniated or slipped discs
- Joint pain
- Injuries from overuse or misuse
- Poor posture or form
- Career or ergonomics (not standing or sitting properly)
- Active (or inactive) lifestyle
- Bulging discs
Treating Back Pain with Chiropractic Care from Your Mint Hill Chiropractor
When you visit your Mint Hill chiropractor, we’ll talk about the type of pain you have including lower back pain, sciatica, or shoulder pain. We’ll create a customized treatment plan for you. This generally will involve the use of chiropractor adjustments. These work to properly align your spinal column to reduce the pressure, inflammation, and compression of your nerves in your spinal column. Your care may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Active Release Technique
- Corrective exercises
- Wellness care and nutritional counseling
Schedule a Consultation with your Matthews Chiropractor for Lower Back Pain Relief
You can get lower back pain relief or treatment for upper back pain, sciatica, shoulder pain, or other types of related discomfort from your Matthews chiropractor. Call our offices today to schedule a consultation. Call: (704) 841-2200.